Taking a Chance

TakingAChance cvrsmall

Gay erotic short story Taking a Chance is published by Wilde City Press.

The moment model and part-time actor Benjamin spots the sexually alluring David outside his local restaurant one night, he's determined to get to know him better. Much better. So he takes a chance and pretends to be Timothy, the blind date David is waiting for. 

When David asks him about submission, safe words and spanking, Benjamin knows the sensible thing to do is to make his apologies and leave. Funny then how his body keeps telling him something different, and instead he finds himself strangely eager to know more. Will it be a date to remember, and if David discovers his deceit, could he ever be persuaded to take any kind of a chance on Benjamin?

Buy the ebook at Wilde City Press

Buy the ebook at Amazon US

Buy the ebook at Amazon UK

Buy the ebook at All Romance Ebooks

Reviews:

"I just loved this story so much! It was cute and very sexy. I would happily read more of these guys. It really was the perfect little afternoon read on a hot/cold/wet/sunny/who'm-I-kidding-ANY-kinda day read. Go. Buy the book! It's a goodie." (Read the rest of this 5-star review at Live Your Life Buy The Book Reviews)

"A good coupling with a sure, sophisticated, caring lover and passionate, willing partner. I also like that it was a forty something and a thirty something in the lead. Not that I suppose it matters, but it's just good for a change. There is a very slight twist at the end, I knew there would be, but not what I was thinking … so go, Anne Brooke. Terrific, sexy and quick reading with a couple of nice characters and a good ending." (Read the rest of this 4-star review at On Top Down Under Reviews)

"Taking a Chance was a quick, fun, sexy, surprisingly thoughtful read about a young man who didn't know he had a submissive side he wanted to explore … until he met the man who brought it out in him, I really enjoyed taking that exploratory journey with Benjamin." (Read the rest of this 4-star review at Boy Meets Boy Reviews)

"After finishing this book, all I can say is wow, that ended up being so much more than I expected. I knew it was a short - only 11,500 words - but I'm amazed at just how much Anne Brooke gets across in those 11,500 words. She takes us from two strangers meeting, under false pretenses at that, to two guys making a real connection." (Read the rest of this Bad Ass Boots review at 3 Chicks After Dark Reviews)

"I very much enjoyed this cheeky story which managed to be blistering hot whilst retaining a lighthearted tone … this is definitely worth reading, especially if you are a fan of BDSM romance books." (Read the rest of this review, graded Excellent, at Well Read Reviews

"This is the first book I've read by Anne Brooke. It will not be the last! The author captures the essence of sensuality in so few pages. The way David dominated Benjamin with zero cruelty and played his body in ways Benjamin had never been played was just oh so sexy. I tore through this book on my lunch break. If you're looking for something quick and sexy that will leave a huge smile on your face, take a chance on this one!" (Read the rest of this 4-star review at MM Good Book Reviews)

"David is very upfront and clear about his intentions for Benjamin, so much that he surprises me too. On the other hand, Benjamin is totally unprepared for David's questions about his sexual activity. However, Benjamin is straightforward and honest with his answers that it's refreshing to read the dialogue. It all makes this book a fun read." (Read the rest of this 4-star review at Pants Off Reviews)

"I liked this story right from the first word to the last one. If you are looking for a hardcore BDSM book, this one isn't for you. It lightly touches that subject matter but we don't see the typical props or scenes that usually are in a regular BDSM book. The sex scene between David and Benjamin is steamy, nonetheless! … Taking a Chance is worth taking a chance on! (Read the rest of this 4-star review at Sid Love Reviews)

"This is my first experience of this author and I really enjoyed this short story - it was very nicely done considering the length. Anne Brooke paints a clear picture of these men not only through Benjamin's point of view but through dialogue … I was fully engaged very early on and was left wanting more." (Read the rest of this review at Boys in Our Books Reviews)

While short and sexy, Taking a Chance had enough meat to it to satisfy my need for story … (David and Benjamin) were warm, funny, and David was very caring … a short, fun, sexy read." (Read the rest of this 4-star review at The Novel Approach Reviews)

"I loved these two characters and the way that this author put them together. You can tell that these two men will have their HEA [Happy Ever After], especially given the circumstances of their strange meeting and first date … This was an enjoyable short story." (Read the rest of this 4-star review at Mrs Condit Reviews)


© Keith Olding 2011